IAEN would like to maintain a listing of relevant job openings. If you have a position to post, please email us.
Public Health Specialist, CDMSmith
Assignment Location: Lesotho
Project Duration/Start and End dates: 2012 to 2020
Projected Level of Effort (LOE): Full time for 2-year period with an option to extend
Project Summary: To be specified at a later date
Client: To be specified at a later date
· The assessment of public health issues arising from the implementation/construction of a large civil works project in rural areas of Lesotho, including HIV/AIDS and other health implications of the introduction of large work forces into rural areas and communities
· The design, management and implementation of public health measures to address the impacts of the implementation/construction of the project
· The design and management of rural water and sanitation programs in the rural environs of this project
· The promotion of public awareness and participation in rural public and environmental health initiatives in rural Lesotho
· Liaison between project authorities, engineering design and construction firms, rural communities and national and local health authorities in Lesotho in the context of public health impacts of this large construction project.
· Post-graduate qualification in public health.
· Fluent in English. Fluency in Sesotho will be an advantage.
· Strong organization, management, budgeting and communication skills as well as competence in standard office software.
· 15 years post-qualification experience, preferably with a combination of consultancy and contracting experience in similar large scale infrastructure projects, and have recent experience in Lesotho and/or the Southern African region.
· Evidence of successful experience in the management of public health programs in southern Africa will be an advantage.
Please contact Emily Hampson at email@example.com for more details.
Director, Integrated Health Sciences, FHI 360
Country: US (Any)
Req ID: 2845
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director, Integrated Health Sciences in Washington, DC or Research Triangle Park, NC.
Responsible for leading a large department (60+ headquarters staff, 100+ international field-based staff) comprising MD, PhD and master’s level scientific, technical and program staff, to develop and maintain an integrated and coordinated portfolio in support of FHI 360’s strategic plan, goals and objectives. The incumbent should possess a high level of scientific and management expertise and substantial experience relevant to global health, including reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, other infectious diseases and/or other relevant fields and the ability to manage a diverse portfolio of scientific studies and projects within a complex organizational framework keeping department staff aligned with organizational goals.
- Develops and provides scientific and technical leadership, as well as personnel and budget oversight, in support of department and organizational strategic plan, mission, goals and objectives.
- Develops and monitors departmental work plans and budgets, working closely with departmental deputy director.
- Contributes to FHI 360’s efforts to build and sustain capacity in core topic areas, including HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, contraceptive technologies, infectious diseases, and clinical and epidemiological sciences. Provides leadership in the communication of scientific findings in peer-reviewed publication and at scientific meetings.
- Represents FHI 360 at scientific meetings, on scientific panels and in discussions with government sponsors such as USAID, NIH, CDC, as well as private foundations, international organizations, and implementing agencies in the field.
- Contributes to and participates in FHI 360’s business development activities.
- Provides leadership in the communication of scientific findings in peer reviewed publications, reports and at scientific meetings.
- Conceptualizes and obtains funding for appropriately budgeted and staffed technical assistance, research and/or program projects.
- Ensures coordination with other FHI 360 Departments and Groups to foster collaboration, innovative approaches and technical excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a large organizational unit.
- Expertise in one of the core topic areas (HIV/AIDS, other infectious diseases, reproductive health or contraceptive technologies) and/or research methodologies including epidemiologic studies or clinical trials.
- Substantial experience planning and implementing programs and/or research in developing countries.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
- Personnel management and grantsmanship experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as needed, including travel to developing countries.
- MD or PhD or Masters level in a health-related field and 15 years+ substantial technical experience particularly related to research and programs.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
To apply visit the FHI360 Career Center at https://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FHI&cws=1&rid=2845
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Indonesia, Health Systems Strengthening, GIZ
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (IS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services participates in an AusAID-funded tender: Australia Indonesia Partnership for Health Systems Strengthening (AIPHSS). The program has the objectives to strengthen health financing and workforce systems, as well as to achieve evidence-based policymaking to improve access to and the quality of primary health care for the poor and the near-poor.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (m/f) will be based in Jakarta. The program will work closely with the Ministry of Health and furthermore with government structures on national, provincial and district level. Furthermore the program will be partially harmonised with the Global Fund Health Systems Strengthening support to Indonesia.
Provide technical assistance to partners and be responsible for deliverables requested by the client as follows:
- Elaboration of a Monitoring and Evaluation Plan based on the logical framework and Performance framework developed by AusAID
- Development of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, tools and performance measurements appropriate to monitor efficiently the progress towards the achievement of the project objectives and value for money
- Identification of agencies responsible for collecting data, indicators, baselines, milestones, targets and data sources
- Identification of systemic weaknesses in the collection of data and information
- Develop capacity development plans to build capacity at national and sub-national level and address identified systemic weaknesses
- Elaboration of annual reports, including updates to Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
- Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree in economics or other relevant disciplines
- Relevant professional experience in designing, managing and monitoring international health projects
- Strong methodological background and at least 7 years of proven experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in areas related to health systems strengthening
- Very good knowledge of Indonesian health sector
- Understanding of AusAID Monitoring and Evaluation Standards
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Working experience in Indonesia
- Fluency in speaking and reading English, additional Bahasa would be an asset
The intended commencement date is 5 november 2012 to 30 June 2016 for an initial period of up to four years (48 months).
Germany‘s “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)” is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
GIZ International Services is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
Check out the latest GIZ vacancies on Facebook (http://j.mp/GIZ-FB) or in our LinkedIn group (http://j.mp/GIZJobsLI).
Für diese Position sind englische Sprachkenntnisse unabdingbar. Daher ist die Stellenausschreibung in Englisch gehalten.
Posted:June 30, 2012Type: Full-time Experience: Mid-Senior level Functions: Consulting, Strategy/Planning, Project Management Industries: Hospital & Health Care, Government Relations, International Trade and Development Job ID:3309756
Short-Term Consultant Position - Namibia
On behalf of the Ministry of Health and Social Services of the Republic of Namibia, the USAID-supported Health Policy Initiative Costing Task Order seeks quotations from Namibia-based consultants to serve in a costing exercise of combination HIV prevention.
Consultant(s) may support protocol development and participate in primary and secondary data collection to establish cost ranges for community mobilization, mass media, interpersonal communications and other HIV prevention services between July and November 2012.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit a CV and quotation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: June 30, 2012
Position Title Senior MARPS (Most At Risk Populations) Advisor--Consultancy
Requisition Number: 12-0113
Post Date: 6/20/2012
Description: Pact seeks a Senior MARPs Advisor to provide technical assistance on a Most-at-Risk-Populations (MARPs) project in Ukraine. The Senior MARPs Advisor is preferred to be based in Ukraine but can be based in the region with frequent travel to Ukraine. The Senior Advisor will ensure high quality of SOTA services for MARPs in Ukraine. S/he will work closely with Pact’s Health Director, the Programs Department and the Country Director.
• Serve as an HIV/AIDS subject matter expert in the area of prevention and related services for MARPs..
• Provide technical and programmatic advice on the implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention programs involving sex workers, injecting drug users, and men who have sex with men.
• Provide expert guidance to country-specific HIV prevention projects.
• Ensure technical quality of Pact’s HIV/AIDS activies in Ukraine. Oversee and conduct site visits to urban and rural locations to ensure appropriate technical assistance in program implementation, monitor progress and evaluate performance, review and analyze results, and recommend changes in implementation. Facilitate sharing of best practices.
• Provide ongoing technical assistance on reporting to the donor.
• Provide guidance and contribute to Pact technical working groups on HIV/AIDS related to MARPs and vulnerable groups, including crosscutting issues involving gender, trafficking and stigma and discrimination.
• Maintain knowledge of current literature, research, policies and programmatic experiences both domestically and internationally in order to recommend appropriate approaches and best practices for these populations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• MD or MPH.
• A minimum of 8 years progressive experience working on international health issues, including at least five years working with HIV prevention programs involving Most At Risk Populations in international or resource poor settings.
• Demonstrated experience in and understanding of issues related to programming for sex workers, injecting drug users, and men who have sex with men within developing country settings. Experience in Ukraine desired.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HIV prevention approaches and best practices in public health
• Demonstrated ability in data analysis, program design, strategic planning, program coordination and implementation, especially within a developing country context
• Demonstrated experience in working with donor-funded organizations, preferably under programs funded by USAID.
• Demonstrated Program Management experience.
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
• A high degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity, and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present work, and to oversee implementation of programs
• Willingness to travel extensively on an annual basis to developing countries in all regions.
• Experience working in Ukraine or Central Asia preferred
Senior Research Associate/Research Associate
The Futures Institute, a sub-contractor to the MEASURE Demographic and Health Surveys
(DHS) project, is seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate to work on analytical studies on demographic and health issues in developing countries. The researcher will conduct data analysis, systematic literature reviews, and prepare publishable papers and multi-country reports. The researcher will also provide training and analytical assistance to collaborators from developing countries. The position is based at the MEASURE DHS project at ICF International in Calverton, Maryland, USA.
• Ph.D. in a relevant social science or public health field (demography, behavioral sciences, epidemiology/biostatistics, international health). Candidates with Master’s degrees and substantial work experience may also be considered.
• Familiarity with population and health issues in developing countries.
• Experience with analysis of large survey data sets, systematic reviews of literature, multivariate statistical methods, and major statistical software, such as STATA or SPSS.
• Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to quickly prepare publishable-quality manuscripts.
• Excellent communication, training, and presentation skills. Experience conducting trainings a plus.
• 5+ years post-Ph.D. work experience in a relevant field preferred.
• Experience working in a team environment with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Knowledge of French or Spanish preferred.
The researcher may be required to travel to developing countries as needed (up to 25% of time).
The Futures Institute offers an excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Attn: Bill Winfrey before June 30, 2012.
Futures Institute is seeking a full time policy analyst with strong writing and quantitative skills to contribute to a number of our projects in international public health. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with public health issues, quantitative tools (e.g., Excel), and the ability to write well. The position requires the ability to communicate well with developing country counterparts. Candidates should have a BA, BS or relevant post-graduate degree (e.g., MPH) or equivalent experience.
Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
The position is located at our headquarters in Glastonbury CT.
Qualified candidates should email cover lette and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Lori Bollinger
HIV/AIDS Health Finance/Costing Advisor
USAID is looking for an HIV/AIDS Health Finance/Costing Advisor, to be assigned to the Bureau for Global Helath, Office of HIV/AIDS, Strategic Planning, Evaluation and Reporting (SPER) Division. S/he will focus on economic evaluation of HIV/AIDS programs and interventions, with primary emphasis on the generation of information to support efficient resource allocation decisions. Key technical emphases include costing, cost modeling, cost-effectiveness analysis, and the use of cost information.
For more information and to apply for this job, click HERE.
HIV Costing Analyst, Futures Group
Location: Washington DC/ North Carlina
Futures Group is recruiting a mid-career HIV Costing Analyst to provide content knowledge and technical assistance for the development and execution of costing and modeling assignments, which will primarily be focused on HIV programs. The HIV Costing Analyst will be required to determine and implement methods and procedures on new assignments.
For more information and to apply for this job, click HERE.
HIV Costing Specialist, Futures Group
Location: Washington DC/ North Carolina
Futures Group is recruiting a HIV Costing Specialist to provide content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation, and support for the development and execution of costing and modeling assignments, which will primarily be focused on HIV programs. The candidate will be required to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and both implement and manage other staff in carrying them out. In addition, this position involves significant management responsibilities and will also serve as Deputy Director overseeing all operational, financial, and personnel aspects of a project focused on HIV costing and modeling, in coordination with the Project Director.
For more information and to apply for this job, click HERE.
You can find general international health economics jobs posted by iHEA at this site: click here.